Personal Training Terms & Conditions
Please could you kindly read the below terms & conditions, which give you more peace of mind of the service you are receiving. If you are unsure about anything, have any questrions, or disagree with anything below, please let me know right away.
1. I understand that Freelance PT's operate on a pre-pay basis and all sessions must be paid for in advance. Bookings will not be confirmed until payment has been received by my Trainer. All payments must have cleared before the session commences.
2. I understand that once my Trainer and I have agreed upon the most appropriate training programme / package for me, payment must be made before the sessions are conducted. I understand that failure to make a payment will result in my sessions being forfeit.
3. I understand that all pre-paid block courses and packages have a completion date. Outstanding sessions will not be carried over the completion date, unless a prior agreement has been made with the Trainer. The standard completion date is 6 months after the sessions have been booked, unless agreed otherwise. Any outstanding sessions will expire and not be eligible for a refund if not used within 6 months of the date you made payment for your block or package.
4. I understand that I must contact my Trainer directly to cancel or change a booked session. I understand that if I need to cancel a training session (even a free consultation) I will need to contact my Trainer within 24 hours of our session time. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice will incur full charge. I understand that cancellations for pre-paid blocks and packages which I have already started will incur a 25% charge for any outstanding sessions to cover time spent by my Trainer, developing and planning my programme.
5. 12 Week Transformation Packages are provided at a reduced price compared to standard blocks of 10 or 20 sessions, and compared to individual sessions. If a 12 Week Transformation Package is cancelled before the end of the 12 week package period, that has been paid in full, the sessions already used will be charged at the rate of an individual session (x1) per session, or a block of 10 or block of 20 sessions, which ever block closest fits the amount of sessions having been used. The remaining balance will incur a 25% charge for any outstanding sessions to cover time spent by my Trainer, developing and planning my programmes.
6. If a 12 Week Transformation Package, paid on a monthly basis, is cancelled before ALL 3 payment instalments have been made, there will be a 25% charge required on all remaining sessions of the 12-week package to cover the time spent by my Trainer, developing and planning my programme. Payment for these should be made within 28 days from your last PT session.
7. I understand all sessions will last 1 hour unless otherwise stated and will start and finish on time. I also understand that my Trainer may not be able to provide a full hour if I am late to a session. However, if my Trainer is late for a session, I will still receive the full session time or have the outstanding time added to another session, or have a record kept of any outstanding time until it adds up to a Full 1 Hour session, or a customised session time that suits both the Client & Trainer.
8. I understand the results of my training programme or coaching course cannot be guaranteed and my progress depends on my efforts and cooperation in and outside of the sessions. In particular I acknowledge that individual results may vary, and no particular result is guaranteed by either my Trainer or the fitness gym/club (if training in a gym).
9. I understand that there are inherent risks in participating in a programme of strenuous exercise. If I sustain or claim to sustain any injury while participating in the fitness programme, if training in a fitness club, I acknowledge that the club is not responsible, except where the injury was caused by the gross negligence or intentional act of my Trainer.
10. I certify that my answers to the questions outlined on the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) for are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to inform my Trainer of any conditions or changes in my health, now and ongoing, which might affect my ability to exercise safely and with minimal risk of injury.
11. I understand that in the unlikely event of my Trainer being unable to continue my training, I can have my sessions transferred to another similar Trainer who agrees to take over my training, or I can request a full refund from my existing trainer for any unfulfilled sessions. I understand that a refund can take up to 28 days to process following your notice, and if you put your sessions on hold for any reason, they will expire if a refund is not requested within 3 months of your sessions ending, or within 6 months from the date of your payment for that block or package, which ever date comes soonest.
12. I understand that Freelance PT’s are not employees of The Gym Group Deansgate but are self-employed, independent, freelance trainers. I acknowledge that in engaging in Freelance PT I am entering into a contract with him/her alone and not with The Gym Group Deansgate or any of it’s subsidiary companies, and that any claim I may have to recover any fee paid in advance will be solely against the trainer to whom payment was made.
13. CORONAVIRUS – During the coronavirus pandemic, if your training sessions primarily take place in a gym environment, if the gym needs to temporarily close, the months the gym is closed will not count towards any time limit of your sessions. However, there is still a 6-month completion time limit for sessions that have been started when training Outdoors, unless otherwise agreed with my Trainer. Additional time will be allowed on 12 Week Transformation Packages too, due to lockdown restrictions, or having to self-isolate, or for any extended recovery time required following having had Coronavirus.
14. I fully understand that if I display symptoms of COVID-19 that I should stay at home and self isolate, and not attend my Personal Training sesisons You will not lose out on a PT session cancelled without 24 hours if you are cancelling because you have COVID-19 symptoms. However you may be asked not to attend any PT sessions for 10 days, or until you can confirm you have had a negative result on the COVID-19 test.
MAIN TAKE AWAY POINTERS
Please arrive on time for your sessions.
This will show how commited you are to your training.
Please give at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel a session.
If you don't provide at least 24 hours notice, you will lose that session.
If training outdoors, if the weather outside is poor / raining, your session will be cancelled or rescheduled or you can choose to train at The Gym Group on Deansgate, where I will get you in on a Free Day Guest Pass. On-site NCP car parking is only £1.50 for under 2 hours.
You will get out of your training what you put in. For fast and effective results I will guide you with expert coaching, however it is up to you to put the dedication and effort in, outside your PT sesisons, with your own training, nutrition, health & lifestyle choices.
If you suspect you may have COVID-19, or you are displaying any of the common symptoms associated with COVID-19, please do not attend your Personal Training session(s). Instead, please provide me with as much notice as possible letting me know your not feeling well. Your sessions will be put on hold until you are feeling better, or until you receive a negative test result.
If there is anything on this page you are unsure about or you have any questions please let me know.
As one of my clients I will help, guide and support you every step of the way. The more questions you ask and the more you interactive with me, the more you will learn and the better your results and moltivation will be.